Take Care of Your Retainer and They Will Take Care of Your Teeth
- Wear your retainers at home and while sleeping until Team Demas instructs otherwise.
- Take your retainers out when eating… and ALWAYS put retainers in their case when they are not in your mouth! Pets love to chew on them!
- Clean retainers thoroughly once a day with cool water a toothbrush and toothpaste. Brushing retainers removes the plaque, and eliminates odors.
- Initially, you may find it difficult to speak. Practice speaking, reading, or singing out loud to get used to them faster.
- Retainers are breakable, so treat them with care. If retainers are lost or broken call us immediately.
- If you have any questions or concerns about your retainers, call us.
- Always bring your retainers to your appointments.
- Retainer replacement is an extensive process with an additional fee… with proper care they will last for years!
- Remove retainers when swimming.
- Keep retainers away from hot water, hot car dashboards, pockets, washing machines and napkins.